baphijmm: (Crazy)
( Jan. 3rd, 2011 10:01 pm)
So I'll be honest: pretty suicidal last night. (For the record, I'm not anymore, but you'll see why shortly.) I was so worried about the future I couldn't sleep very well; however, when I was asleep, my dreams were quite vivid. I dreamt I'd gotten that part whose invitation to audition I mentioned in the previous post, and that I was living happily as a result. When my dad woke me up and informed me I had a dental appointment he'd made that morning, I made a mental note to look up the show; something told me I should.

I was informed at the dentist's office that I'd need a bit of work, which would have required me to stay here for at least another week had the dentist not been able to fit me in for an appointment tomorrow morning and my mother offered to exchange her appointment on Wednesday with me. I think we can get it all done in that amount of time. I really hope so, anyway. I don't want to have to stay here any longer than I have to.

That having been said, when I came home I looked up the show. For those of you who might recognize the name, it's "Beach Blanket Babylon." For those who do not, it is the longest-running musical-revue show in America. This is a HUGE opportunity. For this reason, I am strongly contemplating just going and giving it a shot, stability be damned. I know that's not the wise decision, and certainly I'll be looking for a job in the meantime (the audition isn't for a few weeks); however, I definitely want to do this.

Now, here's the set-back: Cheapest flight I can find right now (after an admittedly short search) is $100 each way. This covers luggage, which does make it pretty cheap considering modern airline business practices, but that is still far more than I am capable of producing on my own. Additionally, I do not wish to inform my parents of this until I have to, meaning I cannot request the assistance from my father (barring, of course, that I do in fact get a job). I would also require assistance in the form of a place to crash for what would probably amount to no more than two weeks, hopefully no more than a week (and, of course, this depends on whether or not I get the part / another job).

Anyway, I suppose this is a request for help. I'm going to ask one other family member personally, but any assistance towards this end would be greatly appreciated. I'd definitely pay it back, and if there's a good outcome it'd be even sooner.

On another note, I've got a doctor's appointment tomorrow regarding my leg. Here's hoping we can get that somewhat straightened out, too.

Most Popular Tags

Page Summary

Powered by Dreamwidth Studios

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags